So after a nice long drive with the windows down, my headliner has decided that the ceiling sucks, and being ever closer to floor looks like a good idea. I’d like to get this fixed professionally given that a self repair seems complicated and my previous attempt to deal with just the edge resulted in:
- Glue on the glass
- Glue on parcel shelf
- Glue in my eye (wear your safety glasses kids, especially if you are inept!)
- The crappy job you can see on the CHMSL.
- Ultimate failure to keep the headliner up.
So then I have questions:
- Should I just be looking for an automotive upholstery shop?
- How much should I expect to spend? I have a sunroof which I assume makes things more complicated?
- Is this sort of problem usually dealt with by repairing the existing headliner, or does the whole thing get replaced?
- If it gets replaced, will it get replaced with a fabric that doesn’t quite match and bugs the hell out of me?
- Any recommendations for Houston?
Thanks for the help. I’ve done some googling, but I’m not finding what I want.