I few weeks ago, I noticed that my custom 3D-modeled and 3D-printed snowbrush holders were cracking. A fellow Oppo had printed them (the yellow ones) for me awhile ago and they’ve worked well up until now. My first set were printed by me in PLA plastic, but they warped in the summer heat. The yellow ones were printed in much durable ABS, but cracked when putting the brush in and out in very cold weather:
One broke apart completely, and this one had a bad crack developing that was slowly growing (below the round clip for the brush in the above pic).
Temporarily, I had dug out my old remaining first PLA (red) clip that hadn’t warped and used the one remaining ABS and PLA clip as a stop-gap until I could get something more durable. Fellow Opponaut DuckDuckGreyDuck heard my pleas awhile back and took it upon himself to slightly redesign my model and print me a set off two new clips out of UHMW!
A few weeks later, a package with this arrived in my mailbox! :D Luckily, nothing seems to have been Kinja’d and all seems to work great!
I got around to installing the new ones today and they work perfectly! I still owe him some payment for the work, but I couldn’t be happier...and these should last a nice, long time! I re-used my ABS covers for the screws (the yellow circular things) as those were fine, but I’m pleased as punch!
Thanks DuckDuckGreyDuck! :D