After 17 years with our beloved 2nd generation Odyssey and the past two years of said Odyssey becoming a little wonky, we’ve decided to do a lease for four years, followed by a buy out for a new Ody EX. The differences between the two vans are crazy to me, as I’m accustomed to the frugal basics of the homely 2nd gen Ody. Below are the surprises I encountered in the van, as if I went straight to 2015 from 1998.
- THERE ARE TWO SCREENS AND ONE OF THEM CHECKS YOUR BLIND SPOTS
- THE POWER SLIDING DOORS EACH HAVE POWER WINDOWS THAT GO UP AND DOWN.
- THE SECOND ROW HAS A COUPE SEAT LEVER THING FOR ACCESS TO THE THIRD ROW
- YOU JUST PULL DOWN A STRAP TO FOLD DOWN THE THIRD ROW AND YOU DON’T HAVE TO PULL OUT THE HEADRESTS
- YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR OWN A/C AT THE BACK AND IT BLOWS AIR AT YOUR LEGS
- THE CYLINDERS DEACTIVATE IN NORMAL TRAFFIC
- IT’S KEYLESS AND YOU CAN OPEN THE SLIDING DOORS WITH THE FOB
- THERE IS A DRIVER USB PORT
- I CAN’T FOLD DOWN THE CENTER CONSOLE TABLE BUT AT LEAST THERE’S A LITTLE SPOT TO PUT DOO DADS UNDERNEATH THE TRAY THING
- I CAN’T TURN A KNOB TO TUNE THE RADIO WHY
In short, I’m really flabbergasted by the features in the new Ody.