I play some DiRT 3 in my spare time, and I get a solid 50 fps. But what if I want to record? That 50 might drop down a lot. So let’s figure something out...
30 fps is not that bad, but still not too good. I found a (cheaty) way to boost FPS greatly while uploading games.
- Install Cheat Engine. Don’t trust me too much, but I think it’s safe. I might be mistaken, but take every precaution when installing things from the internet.
- Launch a game, but it cannot be multiplayer.
- Go into Cheat Engine and enable speedhacks, and either set it to .50 or .25, this will slow down the game, but boost the frame rate. Don’t ask me why, it just does. I am not the smartest guy in the world, so I cannot give you a perfect answer.
- Play the game longer than you usually would while recording, then take the recording, and on YouTube, speed the video up.
- Speeding the video up will make it go from 60 fps to either 120 or 240, depending on how much you slowed it down earlier.
Bam! There you go! Very high fps! Just don’t speak during the video, and all game noises might sound a little bit weird if the speedhack doesn’t slow down the mp3 noise files.