What is the sound of one piston slapping?
What is the sound of one piston slapping?

Okay, fellow opponauts and Jalopnik readers, let me get this off my chest. I'll be brief:

AUTOMAKERS DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU.

Phew, there, I said it. I'm as guilty as anyone else about whining about what automakers will and will not do, but the rants about manual transmissions in Accords are kinda ridiculous. I get it, you want a manual, and I agree, but Honda doesn't give a shit. They just want to make money, and for the 3% of buyers that demand a manual, it's not worth it to make one when the other 97% don't want to deal with it.

Advertisement

The same thing is true for wagons in the US. We will never get awesome wagons because the 3% of americans that we make up aren't worth importing a wagon for when the other 97% only wants a CUV.

The reason I post this rant is because I feel like people aren't grasping that automakers don't care. I replied to Automach's shared FP post about the Accord, admittedly the second half of my post was wrong, but I was saying that the people Honda is trying to attract don't want a manual. And I got 20 replies of people bitching at me for saying that, like I'm wrong, when you know I'm not. Yeah, Jalopnik readers want a manual but literally no one else does. So give up, no matter how much you prefer manual transmissions, in the next few years they will be gone from new cars, no matter how badly you want a kickass wagon they will never be sold in the US, and no matter what your opinion is, especially with regards to available features or specs of cars, automakers will never care about what the Jalopnik readership wants, they will always and forever only care about their bottom line

Share This Story

Get our newsletter