My new leaf springs arrived this week. Got to install them today.

My old springs were worn. Not too badly, but I don’t want to know where the limit is.

The new packs came from the UK, because they were way cheaper than anything I found on continental Europe.

Advertisement

The new ones were 5+1 leaf springs, but I had to remove one leaf so they would fit with the old U-bolts. And I didn’t want a lift anyway, because the car’s at the limit of it’s price class for ferries. They still have one more leaf than original.

Advertisement

The rear is now 6cm higher than before, I hope it will settle about the same height than before.

Advertisement

While I had it on the lift, I also wired the transmission and did an oil change. Finally a productive saturday.