It's been awfully quiet regarding my 2002 tii touring projekt lately. Got lots of excuses but won't bother you all with them. But still: progress is being made.
The rear suspension A-arms have been 'boxed' for more rigidity. This was how it looked before:
Had it done by a friend-of-a-friend in the end. Now all I have to is to get some rust-busting/protecting stuff on it before mounting them. Like I did with my front strutts, they're ready now:
And a close-up:
I've used Caprotech's RX-5, RX-7 and RX-10. The 02 probably won't see much rain or snow but I want this project to be final ;-)
Finally I got all the things for the drum-brakes in the rear: I already had most of the parts (tii-brakes are bigger) but brake-shoes/brake-lining had to be riveted/vulcanized, had that done at a truck-workshop as not much garages seem to be willing or able to do this.
Re-assembling the drums still needs to be done, will be a first as well.
I think all that needed to be blasted has been blasted now, carter and exhaust-header were the last thing I did.
I want the header & collector to look something like the '60s white of Ferraris of those days:
Not sure if I'll get it that way but should be awesome.
Still have 2 parts completely missing though, the waterpump (have a used one at the moment but want a new one) should be at the dealer in january but that impossible-to-get transmission bearing is really starting to freak me out!