This is a platform for User Generated Content. G/O Media assumes no liability for content posted by Kinja users to this platform.

Progress report: The wrenching is on... going

Illustration for article titled Progress report: The wrenching is on... going


The rear axle is done. Things were worse than I expected. Besides the springs being very worn and having some rust flakes scaling off, I found that the bump stops had disintegrated and found their way out of the shock bellows. Oops. That explains why the ride had gotten so much harsher during the past half year or so.


I'll have a full write-up done after I finish the front axle and spend some time ordering the pictures. In the meantime, it's beer o'clock!

Share This Story

Get our newsletter