I got bored so I started looking for something to do. I noticed that my grill was cracked in a few spots so I decided to take it off and refurbish it.

I tried my best on here but the plastic is so incredibly brittle after beeing in the sun for 30 years.

Advertisement

The bracket on the driver side was also broken so I made a new one

Advertisement

It took way more paint than I planned. It took me almost 2 cans of paint to get everything covered properly.

first coat

Advertisement

second coat

Advertisement

third coat

Advertisement

fourth coat. I actually went pretty heavy on this one since I was surprised that after 4 coats I still didn’t have full coverage.

Since I went so heavy on the last coat I decided to leave it over night to cure.

Advertisement

So first thing this morning I wake up to put it back together.

I’m surprised how easy it is to assemble or remove this grill. 7 fully accessible screws holding the grill and 4 screws on each headlight bezel. The only trick is you have to remove the bezels first to access the 2 bottom screws on the grill.

Advertisement

It took a MAX of 10 mins to remove everything

Before:

Advertisement

After:

Advertisement

Next will be painting the mirrors.