This is a platform for User Generated Content. G/O Media assumes no liability for content posted by Kinja users to this platform.

Project Finished

Set into getting my new springs and hitch installed Friday night.

Of course 265k miles of WI use left most bolts in less than desirable shape. Managed to get the passenger side done and driver’s side tore out before I called it a night.

Advertisement
Illustration for article titled Project Finished

Woke up Saturday and did my “runs” for things I thought I needed. Then I set to work again. Got the driver’s side all buttoned up.

Advertisement
Illustration for article titled Project Finished

Then I set into modifying my hitch. I wanted provisions on either side for my spare tire carrier and my hitch mount.

Illustration for article titled Project Finished

Got them welded up and gusseted in, then mounted up the hitch and ran the wiring.

Advertisement
Illustration for article titled Project Finished

The ride isn’t nearly as harsh as I was concerned about, but it is noticeably stiffer than stock.

Advertisement
Illustration for article titled Project Finished

Share This Story

Get our newsletter