In May 2017, I: A) was frustrated at work B) knew I had July to myself with wife and 3 kids gone on a homeland visit C) had a big surplus of nitrile gloves (bought 200 when I only needed 2) - so I decided to buy this junkyard special to start my first ever build.
It was a risky build concept that could break the car so I didn’t want to risk a nice Prelude. This would later come back to bite me in the butt. Hard.
To get the boring bit out of the way: I had six MIL codes to fix + reverting stuff to stock before I could even smog the car to take ownership (thank you CARB). Pics can do the talking.
By the Fourth of July when they left, I was finally ready to get cracking. Figured I’d get about a hundred hours of work in while they were gone, perhaps another 150 hours to complete it by the end of the year.
Boy was I wrong.