So a little bit of progress was made today. Not much physically changed but definitely moving in the right direction! Basically all that happened today was the engine and transmission were slid into the chassis simply to make sure then when I built the frame around where the oil pan should fit there was enough space. I didn’t have a lot of room to with with as far as making it too big or too small but where I decided to weld it up seems to be almost perfect! I mocked the starter up and figured out where the cross member would be cut to clear the bell housing. Then cut away to allow the transmission to sit appropriately into position. Tomorrow I will be adding in vertical supports to fully support the floor and that will give me an idea of foot well spacing as well as I can finally start mocking up the transmission tunnel. First I need to shave the mustang brackets off the rear axle so I can position that so I know how offset the transmission tunnel is going to be given that the pinion isn’t quite centered on the ford 7.5. Looks to be plenty of clearance for exhaust manifolds and radiators etc. The only concern currently is if the steering column is going to interfere with the intake manifold but, the steering column will need to be extended anyways to reach the rack.
Also almost forgot to mention, the oil pan sits about 1" below the frame with where it seems to sit nicely. Also have to watch how high i set the engine as it is already taller than what the original plans called for. To justify this I plan on making somewhat of a skid plate in front of where the oil pan protrudes to assist with any debris that may try to ruin my fun in the future!
All is well in the world! Hope everyone else is having a great day!