Just stuff like tech/safety/comfort. Not type, engine, transmission, driveline, size, brand etc. In order of must have/good to have/don’t care.
- Comfortable seats with at least 8 way adjustability and lumbar support, bonus points for thigh cushion
- Heated seats. No compromise on that even if I live in the South and use it only for 4 months.
- Auto dimming mirrors
- Good Sound system. Tinny base model shit won’t cut it.
- Android Auto- my next car is several years out and I hope it’s standard by then on every car at every level, at least retroactively installed.
- Rear seats vents, if not climate control. Also at least one USB port in the rear seat.
- 60/40 folding rear seats
- Volume knob or at worst volume control buttons on the steering wheel.
- Rear view camera with guidelines and parking sensors. Cars these days are getting worse in visibility and this has become a necessity
Good to have:
- Cooled seats and heated steering wheel- As much as I love them making this a must have will severly restrict my options.
- Heads Up Display
- LED/HID headlights
- Dual Zone climate control but almost every car comes with it these days outside of base models
- Auto Emergency braking and adaptive cruise control
- Rear cross traffic alert
- rear sunshade
- Any lane keep watch anything system
- Any level of autonomous driving
- Digital dashboard
- Auto wipers, Automatic high beams
- Ambient lighting
- Smart trunk, remote start, smart key access