It’s missing from the spot it has been occupying for the last 6+ months.
Because it went here.
Took two tries to get there though, as the clutch linkage fell off three blocks away the first time.
Turns out that a nut (that was about the only one in the whole shebang I didn’t remove and inspect) was stripped. It must have been hanging on by a thread, and the last tightening was enough to finish it off.
Ridiculously I found six of the right size nuts amount my random hardware, but not one was the right fine-thread I needed.
One hardware trip and it was fixed.
After the test drive I have a new short list. The brakes are still *terrible*, the shifter is mis-adjusted and will not go into second for love or money (I drove to/from the alignment shop in 1st & 3rd). But I drove it, and once aligned it was not horrible (for a ‘64 pickup).