I went to pick up my roommate and the Ralliart popped on the Service Engine Soon light. I grabbed my ELM and popped it on. News isn’t amazing. P0017 could be a ton of things. Diagnosis will be somewhat long and annoying. It’s also never had it’s timing chain done. It’s an interference engine and the stock timing chain is a known-bad item. Some of them have been known to fail under 30k. It’s been 71k. If I had to put my money on something, it would be that and/or a sensor. I may just take it to a dealer.
- Dirty Oil
- Timing belt/chain off one or more teeth
- Variable valve timing sprocket faulty
- Engine mechanical problems
- Faulty camshaft position sensor
- Faulty crankshaft position sensor
- Faulty oil-control solenoid