Illustration for article titled Rate My First Diecast Mod

Ok so the paintwork is really sloppy. Particularly the details on the quarter panels, yeesh. I should have just left them body colored. Anyway, I let it be rather than trying to fix/touch it up so that I have a benchmark on which to improve. The below Datsun 510 started as pictured. Then I dismantled it and let it sit in some aircraft stripper for a few minutes. I sanded, primed and painted. I went with red because it’s the only color I had at the time. It came with “real wheels” but I wanted them for another car. So I dug through my unopened cars and found a gold set off an Escort Cosworth...welp at least they’re different.

Advertisement

EDIT: I am almost certain now that it was not the Bluebird, but the green (header) image. So hopefully it was a $5 car and not a $300 car that I stripped haha.

Illustration for article titled Rate My First Diecast Mod
Advertisement
Illustration for article titled Rate My First Diecast Mod
Illustration for article titled Rate My First Diecast Mod
Advertisement
Illustration for article titled Rate My First Diecast Mod
Illustration for article titled Rate My First Diecast Mod
Advertisement
Illustration for article titled Rate My First Diecast Mod
Illustration for article titled Rate My First Diecast Mod
Advertisement
Illustration for article titled Rate My First Diecast Mod

I also did a quick wheelswap on a duplicate 934 RSR that I have.

Illustration for article titled Rate My First Diecast Mod

Share This Story

Get our newsletter