I came across some pictures I took a while back on my first transmission rebuild.

On a washing machine.

Who knew these things had a transmission.

The reason for the rebuild - stripped plastic gears:

Organizing parts as I take them off:

Some greasy bits and pieces of plastic:

Advertisement

More pieces of plastic and grease:

Unfortunately I didn’t seem to take any pictures of the cleaned up re-assembled thing. I was in a hurry to get it back together, as laundry was piling up.

Advertisement

Overall, not a terribly difficult thing to do. Just messy. And time consuming as I tore it apart, ordered new parts (Amazon really does sell everything), waited for new parts to arrive, and put it back together and back onto the washing machine.