If you’re familiar with our digital racing scene here, you probably know of r/redditracing, as many members have raced with us. Well, their flagship racing series in Forza 7, this year featuring (mostly) ALMS P1, PC, and GT2 race cars is starting soon! If you’re interested, all of the info and the sign up link is here.
Firstly, this series will be organized on r/redditracing. While I will be handling cross-posting about the series here, the series is being run on and by the subreddit. While I can try to answer any questions you may have about the series, specific questions would best be asked on the subreddit as they spent the time planning this and I did not. Secondly, while this is being run on r/redditracing, the series is still open to anyone and everyone. You will just be expected to follow their specific racing ettiquette, which isn’t vastly different from our own.
The following is the series info, copied from r/redditracing. The original post can be found here.
RLMS VI is almost upon us! There have been a few changes since the first post about the series, some of which you guys may enjoy!
This is basically a copy/paste from the first post, but be sure to read it over!
- Race 1 moved to Feb 10th because of the Bathurst 12 Hour (catch it on /r/wec)
- Nissan GT-R LM Nismo added to P1
- Corvette and Ferrari GT BoP changed
- All race events will be held on Saturday nights at 8PM EST (GMT-5).
- The gaps in the schedule are to avoid conflicting with TORA endurance races and OPPO Endurance.
- Dates subject to change.
- Full circuit unless specified otherwise.
1: 2/10: Daylight: Spa-Francorchamps
2: FEB: Dry -> Rain: Suzuka
3: FEB: Night: VIR
4: MAR: Daylight: Road America
5: MAR: Night: Daytona Road Course
6: MAR: Daylight: Mugello
7: APR: Rain -> RAIN: Homestead Road Course Alt
8: APR: Daylight: Watkins Glen Short
9: APR: Night: Le Mans Bugatti
- Qualifying - 10 minutes + finish your lap
- Starts - TORA style rows of 2 equally spaced, accelerate when your row hits the line, 500ft gap between classes
- Restarts - same as start except single file
- Race length - number of laps equal to (2 hours)/(P1 class pole time)+3; race until 2 hours have elapsed + finish the lap, or all laps have been completed, whichever happens first
- If you raced the “COW LMS” at Sebring, this should look pretty familiar.
- As per RLMS tradition (when I’ve run them at least), there will be 1 car per class that’s a tick slower, but substantially easier to drive quickly. In RLMS IV it was the Audi R18 & BMW Z4, and in RLMS V it was the Ferrari 333 SP & BMW M1. This time it’s the Audi R18 (2012)... and the GT cars are pretty equal.
nothing in table -> nothing changed from stock
P1 - Le Mans Prototype 1
- 2012 Audi R18 ultra: no restrictor
- 2015 Nissan GT-R LM Nismo: ********
- 2011 Peugeot 908:
PC - Prototype Challenge
- Chevrolet Oreca FLM09 - stock
GT - Grand Touring “2"
- 2009 BMW M3 GT2: 831: homologation plate, race brakes
- 2011 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1: 835: race brakes, 335R: -5% power
- 2011 Ferrari 458 GTC: 833: *race brakes, race driveline, 325F, 345R
- 2011 Porsche 911 GT3 RSR: 833: no restrictor, race brakes, 315F, 335R
- 2013 SRT Viper GTS-R: 834: race brakes, 325R
- Corvette will have variable power handicap based on track due to extremely good acceleration
- Ferrari will have variable power handicap based on track due to extremely poor acceleration; final BoP TBD
- The organizer reserves the right to change the builds / handicaps on each car before each race.
- To be mandatory, BoP changes must be posted at least 48 hours before the race. Otherwise they are strongly encouraged.
- Personal handicaps will not be used.
- Each class will be scored independently.
- Your lowest event score will be dropped. Disqualifications will not be allowed to drop.
- Qualifying - 2 points for pole
- IMSA points scale
- A collision where 2 or more cars exit the racing surface in the adverse direction
- A vehicle flips over
- A car runs out of gas on track and cannot exit the racing surface (this may lead to a DSQ if found to be intentional)
- A medical emergency happens (having to pee is not an emergency)
- Field frozen when caution is called
- Leader reduces speed to safety car (if no SC leader slows to 60 immediately)
- Field catches up to leader in a timely manner without passing or crashing
- Maximum caution length it 5 minutes
- Field will pass the pit lane no more than 1 time under yellow while waiting for people who pitted to catch up
- Pits always open
- If you wish a take a lap back against your class leader, you may not pit under yellow
- Class leader chooses side for odd-positioned cars
- Rows of 2, 60 ft between rows
- All cars at 60MPH for start
- 500 ft between classes
- Go when your row hits the line
- If you wish to report an incident, send the /r/redditracing moderators a message with a link to the incident clip and a short explanation of what you think happened.
- We reserve the right to seek out any clips not reported and take the appropriate action.
- If your incident involved a moderator, please send another mod a private message if you don’t feel comfortable having the affected mod seeing the report.
- There will be 2 required pit stops for P1.
- There will be no required pit stops for PC.
- There will be 2 requited pit stops for GT.
- You must start your final pit before the start of the last 3 laps.