I’m back in the iPhone fold.
I’m not a phone review kind of guy, and Android and iOS each has its strengths. Plus, I find critiquing cars much more fun than electronic devices. But a few things I think iOS does better than Android:
- AutoCorrect: iOS predicts typo (English) and brushstroke (Chinese) corrections much more accurately than Android. This makes a huge difference; typing and writing are much more pleasant for me on iOS.
- Predictive text: Same as above, although the difference is less stark. Apple is slightly better
- Chinese text input. Lazy me can handwrite simplified Chinese characters, and iOS automatically predicts the traditional Chinese character set for me. Android still does not have this built-in.
- Firm and consistent differentiation between regional Chinese variations (character sets, dialects and word usage, etc.)
- General operation speed and smoothness
- Home screen app folders
But wow these things are heavy! 😳