This is a platform for User Generated Content. G/O Media assumes no liability for content posted by Kinja users to this platform.

Shit!

Just before I went to bed last night the lights dimmed and heard a pop/ sizzle nearby. Saw a little soot on the plug in as seen in the pic and my surge protector plug was warm. Unplugged and some sparks came out. Ran to the fuse box and cut the power to the room. My house is only 5 years old and these crappy plugins are everywhere.

Illustration for article titled Shit!
Advertisement
Illustration for article titled Shit!

I’ll be replacing the receptacles that I use the most with higher quality ones.

I dont think it was the surge protector that was the problem, I’d get a pop every once in a while when unplugging my rc battery charger. Glad I was home when it happened

Share This Story

Get our newsletter