It’s been quite a while since I’ve posted mine, so here’s a few progress pictures.
How it was when I bought the house:
Looking the other direction, a wall:
Then my design in Ikea’s software, I ended up opting to not go for cabinets over either side of the stove:
Wall out, beam in, floor partially torn out (1 layers of laminate, 2 of vinyl tiles and one of plywood), floor wasn’t salvageable, opted for tile shown in later pictures:
From there, I continued putting in cabinets and somewhere in there countertops were delivered and installed, I went with Antarctica by Corian (composite solid surface). Below the while cabinet next to the sink is a dishwasher, I’m a big fan of the hidden look!
Some small amounts of progress have been made since these pictures. But this is roughly where I’m at. On the todo list is:
- prepare walls for backsplash
- install backsplash
- patch drywall on ceiling
- drywall the beam as well as the new columns supporting it
- fix up all the baseboards
- figure out lighting (can lights + pendant lights)
- figure out something to do with the hole under the microwave, I’m think I’ll just install a cabinet door. It’s about a 21 inch hole, so there wasn’t a cabinet available for it, I’ve got access to a table saw, so I’d be able to cut a door down and then figure out a way to mount hinges.