So the other day I posted about my MTD-engined Craftsman snowblower that would only run on half-choke or more. Many of you commented that the carb was likely gummed up or otherwise clogged so today I set out to fix it.

I took the bowl and float off and inspected both. The float looked perfect and the bowl just had the tiniest amount of crud at the bottom. I gave everything a good shot of carb cleaner and then reassembled.

After some priming she started right up and let me back the choke all the way off. I did end up getting a new spark plug, but Iā€™m going to wait a little bit before I replace that, just to make sure all the fuel system issues are totally gone.

Advertisement

Many thanks to those of you who commented on the first post and set me in the right direction.