I mean...not SO rare, but whatever.
I recently found out what this number means.
That’s right, limited edition baby. Anyway, thanks to some intrepid folks on the forum I finally know what this actually means in context
So here it is.
· Toyota Sold a total of 14,981 of the 1997 model year Land Cruisers.
· For model year 1997, 44% of the Land Cruisers were special editions. This includes both 40th and Collector Edition.
· The special edition sales were 26% 40th Anniversary and 17% Collector Edition.
· Of the 3,946 - 40th Anniversary models, 1,604 were equipped with factory diff locks for a total of 41% install rate.
· Of the 2,616 Collector Edition models, 822 were equipped with factory diff locks for a total of 31% diff lock install rate.
So out of the Limited edition series I now know that mine is #3229 of 3,946
I also know that since mine has the factory locker option its only 1 of 1,604 in the anniversary edition so equipped.
I also know that only 3,064 were made in my color.