For sale: 1991 Alfa Romeo 164L
Blue with tan leather interior
Owned by same family since mid-1990s
Passes California smog.
Has new fuel pump, new spark plugs, new distributor cap and rotor, new brake pads, and new brake rotors.
Has recent timing belt (August ‘16).
This 164 was my daily driver until mid-2006 when I bought a Corvette. The Alfa has mainly sat since then.
Purrs like a 26 year-old kitten!
- car runs, drives, etc.
- body is straight
- nothing major is missing
- 5-speed gearbox shifts well
- European-market Speedline 16" wheels (p/n 60611391). These wheels were original equipment on 1990s Alfa Romeo Spiders and GTVs (non-USA). They fit the 164 perfectly without modification and allow use of more modern 16" tires. Hard to find in the United States
- original 15" wheels included, too
- AlfaPro brass stepper motor gears installed
- relatively low miles on gearbox, rebuilt in 2002 by Phil Mason
TLC is in order:
- paint is throughly shot
- interior is tired
- tires flat-spotted from being parked
- all or most of the row of warning lights illuminate occasionally, apropos of nothing, as if the TEST button were depressed. This tends to happen more when cold and can be made to go away with a light tap on the side of the cluster
- usual old car wear items
Includes veritable treasure trove of new old stock OEM spare parts:
- brake hoses (p/n 60564765 x 2)
- radiator hose set
- power steering pump belt
- dog bone engine mount bushing
- oil pressure sender
Plus a spare new Beck-Arnley cast iron brake master cylinder. I find that the Beck-Arnleys are less prone to drag one of the circuits than the aluminum Bendix.
Great car for the Alfisti who can put in some maintenance