While the truck made through the entire Oppo Rally, it was not running great, and got progressively worse throughout the 450 trip. After the rally the truck was virtually undrivable.
Just rolled in. And despite my smashing the lower control arm, the truck performed its duties reliably the entire way.
It’s missing from the spot it has been occupying for the last 6+ months.
(see prior day here) Yesterday I had everything staged to finally get the engine in the truck, and my partner had called out of work so she could help me with it. So of course I awoke to pouring rain.
It just needs everything else hooked up, and some tuning.
Turns out the starter for the truck is for a 168 tooth flywheel, current flywheel in the truck is a 153 tooth (because fuck chevy & their clutch/flywheel options). They don’t make a 153 tooth starter that bolts to the bellhousing. If the motor isn’t tapped for the correct starter the project is dead. If it is, I now…
Master Cylinder is bench bled & installed. Flywheel is in, but I need new pressure plate bolts as on re-inspection the old ones looked a little to janky to reuse.
(HELP DESPERATELY NEEDED IF THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN)(prior day here) Much of this morning has been fiddly jobs while waiting for the needed parts to arrive.
Anyone local enough to get to Providence at any point between now and Friday, I need your help if the truck is going to be done before the Oppo Rally on Saturday!
According to the tracking number the label for my flywheel order was created a 9:30 yesterday, and has had nothing happen for the nearly 23 hours since.
last night the Race to the Oppo rally truck rebuild project came to a screeching halt due to some wrong & defective parts.
(see prior day here) Day 8 had me putting paint on the last control arm, then going to a party to celebrate a friend finishing the construction and install of a giant stained glass lizard in his living room.
(see prior day here) Late posting, and I know you were all impatiently waiting for more pictures of things with paint on them. But first, brake lines!
(see prior day here) It was finally a dry sunny day, and man did I take advantage of it to the fullest. I’ve got grit in every crevice, paint coating my hands, & some in my hair.
(see prior day here) The weather continues to try and bring this close to the wire. And today it and the sandblaster ganged up to me.
(see prior day here) I didn’t get anything done on Friday or Saturday as it was mostly damp, which precluded sandblasting or painting. It did clear up on Saturday in the morning & early afternoon, but my partner & I spent that time having a steampunk picnic in the park.
(see prior day here) Things got done! I was able to put in several hours today without interruption, and it shows. First off I got the silver Masterseries on the entire front frame. Now this all needs a coat of black and I will be able to start bolting things to it.