Taking my bike in for a tune up today so I have mounted it on my roof for the first time. Getting it up there is pretty easy since it’s plenty light. Took me a bit to figure out how to assemble the rack but now it should be easy in the future. I added some bungee cords to help stabilize the side to side movement but otherwise it seems pretty secure. I drove much more cautiously than usual but that’s because usual is tire screeching around turns and near full force braking down the hill. The bike didn’t fall off so mission success!
I replaced the rear derailer, rear cassette, and the chain. This required a couple of specialty tools and following some YouTube videos to figure it out. But it was rather straightforward maintenance. I didn’t get the rear derailer dialed in correctly but it’s going in for a tune up so they will be adjusting that anyways. I’ll also have the brakes bled so when I get it back it should be nearly as good as new. I could probably use some new cables and the front derailer and front cassette (or whatever it’s called) and pedals, but those are lower priority.
Looking forward to my next ride!