Teach me about blind (pop) rivets

I’ve been meaning to get myself a hand-powered riveting tool - the kind you use with pop rivets. (I understand they are technically called blind rivets, and that “POP” was a brand name, but I digress). I happened to be in a local fastener store earlier today*, and saw they had a few rivet kits. I could see that one was a Jet branded one, and they had a few others. If I do pick up a rivet tool, is there anything in particular I should look for?

I have to say, I was quite pleased with my experience at Lethbridge Fasteners (www.lethfast.ca). Some orangutan at work sheered a bolt off the door handle, meaning the inside door handle fell off. Instead of having our office admin call someone, I took the liberty of swinging by the nearby store and checked to see if they had anything that would work. The lady was really nice, and gave me a pair of bolts and a washer for free, so I’m inclined to give them some business.


Share This Story

Get our newsletter