Last up on the list of events for the Oppo Speedweek is the one we’ve all been waiting for, the one that started it all: The Oppositelock 2.4 Hours of Le Mans! In this post, I have the specifics of the event, including the time/date and eligible cars. You can also begin to sign up for the event in this post.
This series will mimic the famous 24 Hours Of Le Mans, and is a part of the Oppositelock Endurance Championship, round 6 to be precise. The race itself will be a 2.4 hour long endurance. Beforehand, there will be a ten minute qualifying session to set the grid. At the start of the actual race, there will be a formation lap. Yellow flag and caution rules will also be in effect.
This will be handled the same way as any of our other races. Drive like you are in an actual race, and not an online public matchmaking lobby, and you will be fine. If you are new to racing with us or need a refresher, take a look at SVTyler’s post on driving etiquette. This will give you a general idea of what to expect. I also have my own rules outlined later in this post.
Also, instead of using parties or gamechat, we are going to be using an app called Discord to communicate during the races. It is available for free on any desktop or mobile OS. Please join the Discord server even if you don’t have a mic, that way you can still hear everyone else. Or just join if for the dank shitposting. If for some reason we are not using the app or it fails, we will be using gamechat to communicate, and hoping for the best.
THE TIME/DATE AND TRACK MAP
June 16th, 6:00 PM EDT: Le Mans Full (TBD Real World Conditions); 2.4Hours (Endurance)
- We will be racing Group C, IMSA GTP, Group 5, and IMSA GTO racecars for this event broken into 2 classes: GTP and GTS
- There will be a set build or build limitation for each car that you must match
- The race will use a lap counter, but the race end will be determined by time elapsed and not laps completed
- Damage will be set to simulation
- Collisions will be set to always on
- All assists (minus friction and collision assist) are allowed
- ALL DRIVERS MUST BE ON DISCORD FOR THE RACE. You do not need to talk, but you need to hear what is being said.
- Pit lane is always open no matter what.
- Forza Race Regs will be used in order to get rid of tire walls.
- The race lobby will be opened 10-20 minutes before the race
- The earlier you are online the better
- Once in the lobby, please do not leave if you intend to race
- Qualifying will begin promptly at the posted race time or as soon as possible after that time
- Damage will be set to fuel and tires and collisions set to always off
- The session will last ten minutes
- Once flying laps start, radio silence will be enforced.
- Results from this will be used to set the grid for the race.
- Qualifying is not required
- Not participating will immediately move you to last place for the race start
- After the grid is set and all players have readied up, the race will be loaded
- There will be a formation lap, with cars single file at 80 mph
- If there is a disconnect during the formation lap, a lobby restart may occur if the disconnected driver(s) request it. This may only be done a maximum of two times unless there are extreme circumstances.
- If a driver leaves the controller but does not disconnect during the formation lap, the formation lap will continue without them. If they are parked at a dangerous point on track, the formation lap will continue until they return. Note that deliberately parking in a bad spot will result in a penalty.
- Once cars reach the final turn, they will form up two by two
- Class leaders have pick over which side of the track they get
- The race start is for each individual car when they reach the start/finish line
In Race Etiquette
- GTS cars have the absolute right to hold and use the racing line when a GTP is approaching/passing, if they decide to do so
- It is VERY HIGHLY ENCOURAGED that GTP and GTS drivers communicate during passes
- If you are in a GTP and stuck behind GTS traffic, be patient and do not force your way through, and DO NOT DIVE BOMB GTS CARS.
- The only thing that will happen if you try and weave through several side by side cars is a crash. Just in general, do not try a high risk maneuver. Be patient and let passing opportunities create themselves.
- Refer to cautions as “be carefuls” unless a caution actually needs to be called
- If the phrase “race control” is called, all drivers will be silent apart from the person who said it. This is to be used for serious questions or concerns
- Do not discuss the events of a caution or race incident until after the race unless told otherwise
- There are no blue flag rules, but excessively holding up cars while a lap down is frowned upon.
- Be careful when exiting pit road as to avoid oncoming traffic, fast or slow moving. USE THE BLEND LINES WHEN POSSIBLE.
- It is expected that all drivers will follow and obey track limits.General rule is 2 wheels on track at all time. Curbs are considered part of the track in the race.
- Driving backwards on the track is not permitted at any point.
- TL/DR: Don’t be a dick
- Credit for the original rules goes to r/redditracing, as I’ve only made minor changes.
- For a caution to be called, a THREE CAR wreck must have occurred in which cars either spin, flip, take significant damage, or lose serious time off track.
- One of the involved drivers and/or a witnessing driver must call the caution.
- When a caution is called, the race leader should slow to 60 mph IMMEDIATELY to allow the field to catch up
- The race leader will also assume the role of pace car unless there is a pace car present in the race.
- ABUSE OF THE CAUTION CALL WILL RESULT IN SEVERE PENALTY.
- There is no passing under caution with one exception. Any and all cars that are not on the lead lap may make ONE lap up under yellow. However, they may not pit to repair damage if they take the free pass, and they may not pass for position while doing this.
- There is also no guarantee that a free pass car(s) will catch the tail end of the field before green.
- The pits will remain open for the full duration of the caution.
- Restarts will be single file at the start finish line unless otherwise specified.
- There is a 5 minute cool down period after a caution where another caution cannot be called. If there is an incident involving a large amount of vehicles during this time, this can be overruled.
- Once there are less than 10 minutes left in the race, no cautions can be called.
- All drivers will continue racing until the total race time is completed (2.4 hours)
- Once the the total race time is reached, the overall leader will call white flag (final lap)
- All cars will continue racing and completing laps during this time
- Once the overall leader crosses the line after white flag is called, they will call checkered flag, the race will be over, and they will park in turn 1
- After checkered flag is called, all cars will finish the lap they are on and also park in turn 1
- Cars cannot be in pit lane when they take the checkered flag.
- Once parked, all cars will remain stationary while results are collected.
- Once results are collected, the remaining laps will be completed. Drivers may choose to leave at this point
- Any in race cautions or incidents can be discussed
- If you feel an incident needs investigated, DM me what happened with relevant clips and I will address it
- Replays will be uploaded by myself and/or others
- Any drivers may stick around for more racing if they desire
CAR LIST AND BUILD RULES
Listed below are the cars that are eligible for all classes as well as their respective build rules. If it is not listed, it is not eligible for the race. However, if you think I forgot a car or want to plead a car’s case, leave a comment on this post on why you think that car should be included. I’m pretty sure every possible car was included, but if you have an idea of something to add I’m all ears.
Some Other Important Notes
- I have tested and will be testing all of the cars extensively to make sure they are as even as possible. In addition, I will keep testing them up until race day to make sure there weren’t any inconsistencies in my original testing.
- The build rules for any and every car are not 100% set in stone and may be changed at any point for re-balancing of the field. Do not expect changes the week of the race unless there is a major issue or a car has been added to the series. Apart from Daytona and Le Mans, I am going to keep the builds as unchanged as possible.
- Custom rims are allowed on all cars so long as some rules are followed. Due to the build rules, the rims cannot change the PI of the car. For example, if the PI is P993, the PI must stay that way after the rims are added.
- Special thanks to everyone who has helped test cars for this series.
There are no specific livery rules for this event. To make the field more diverse and for better pictures, custom made paint jobs and unique numbers for each driver are highly encouraged. While all cars should have a race number, it may be too difficult to organize everyone having their own number, but try and give your car a unique paint job to help it stand out. The specific notes for liveries are listed below.
- WELL DONE BAKU has made a special 5 year anniversary logo for Oppo Speedweek. This logo, or a normal Oppo logo, is recommended somewhere on the car. The placement and amount of these logos is open.
- Team liveries are allowed and encouraged, though try to keep a consistent car manufacture. A max of 4 matching liveries per “team” are allowed.
- Wwaveform and Plankton have made logos for the series and class identifiers. They are not required but VERY HIGHLY encouraged
- I am legally required to say don’t break Xbox Terms of Service with your livery. However, my general rule is anything goes that is not sexually explicit or overly offensive. Therefore, tobacco and alcohol sponsorship are allowed. Though if you get banned by Xbox, don’t say I didn’t warn you.
If you are participating in this event, please click the link below to complete a very brief survey so I can keep track of who signs up and their gamertags (the only information required is your gamertag and Oppo and/or Reddit username). Also, if you sign up and for whatever reason are not sent a friend request by me, feel free to send me one as well as a message indicating that you intend to join the series. My gamertag is Corey CC97. In addition, you can get in contact with SVTyler (GT: mackleroy45) or anyone on the Discord if you do not hear from me, and they will get you set up. If you do not complete the survey or get in contact with me or the other people racing somehow, there is a very good chance you will not be sent an invite to the race on race day.
I will be posting reminders for the race frequently with links to this post. If you have questions, please leave a comment on this post or one of the reminder posts.