So my GF’s Mazda 3 looks something like this:
...along with having other issues. It has been a good car for her and has lasted her 15 years.
What she wants is something new that is just like her old Mazda 3 in terms of how it drives, but with a hatchback. She doesn’t need a hatch, she just likes the look and the idea of the added flexibility.
Stuff that the car must have:
- 4 doors with decent enough trunk and rear seat space. If it’s the same as her old Mazda 3, that’s fine.
And she wants to keep the payment below CAD$500 when financing it over 60 months.
The four candidates she has test driven already:
1. Since she has a Mazda, I said that the new Mazda 3 should be a logical candidate
2. The Corolla hatch... test drove one in exactly this colour which I love, but she hates:
3. Hyundai has come a long way and the Elantra GT hatch his highly rated even by Consumer Reports
4. Some people hate it, but I always liked the way the Civic Hatch looks.
There is also a 5th wildcard candidate... the Tesla Model 3 SR+... which we will be test driving this weekend. But it’s a solid ~CAD$25,000 more expensive than the regular contenders.
But I think it’s also way more awesome compared to the regular contenders.
And I know she actually CAN afford the Model 3, but she just would prefer not to spend that much.
You can’t justify the Tesla based on fuel savings.
The ONLY way she’s gonna buy a Tesla is if she absolutely falls in love with it to the point that she wants to spend the extra money.
Anyway... of the 4 test driven candidates, take a guess which one is the leading candidate overall and take a guess which one she prefers just from a pure driving-experience perspective?