It’s 2018, which means a new group of cars will be legal for import into the US this year.
But, not all are legal the moment the year started. Here’s a bit of a rundown of some of them, and when they’ll become legal under the United States’ 25 year laws.
- Nissan Terrano II/Ford Maverick (Euro-spec models only, JDM versions not legal until June of next year)
- Toyota Supra [A80] (Ehough, since JDM Turbo models were less powerful, I don’t see a reason to import them. European-spec models, on the other hand, were slightly more powerful than US models, so they’d be the ones to look for.)
- Nissan Skyline [R33, non GT-R models only]
- SEAT Cordoba (Summer 1993)
- Nissan Silvia [S14] (towards the end of 1993)
- Fiat Punto (towards the end of 1993)
- SEAT Ibiza (second generation)
Feel free to add anything I may have missed, whether it be new generations of cars, specific high-spec/performance models, or whatever else was introduced in 1993 and will become legal to import to the US this year.