As most of you know, I’ve been working on my latest addition, 1994 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L/Auto (well was). This is the day I brought her home:


After screwing with the 4 cylinder for a couple months trying to sort cooling issues, I decided my van’s old motor would be a better fit, so I set to work swapping wiring, refinishing engine bay, and throwing new gaskets/fresh paint on the engine:


Swapping wiring harnesses under hood.

Advertisement


Requires pulling wiring from behind the dash.
 


Which leads you to this.

Advertisement


Finally get it back together.


Wiring all in.

Advertisement


Engine Out.


Advertisement



Needed some color in my life.

Advertisement



Shiny new engine.



Dropping her in.
 

Advertisement


Trans bolted up.


Everything mounted.

This madness leads to more madness as we decide to go full custom outside as well:
 

Advertisement

Advertisement


So I laid down a base on the spare hood/fender I had.

 
 

Advertisement

Advertisement


 

Then my paint crew set to work making it “out of this world”.


 

Advertisement



Then I added clear, installed them, and did some work on one of the SRT4 wheels I picked up.

Now it’s 2 months later and she’s back on jackstands as I’ve been trying to figure a limp mode issue since the drivetrain went in. Numerous computers, sensors, and wiring harnesses changed, only to find the trans was junk from the start leading to most of my issues. Now I have a donor sitting in the driveway and I’ve started tearing into it again:

Donor

Advertisement



Taking things back apart.


Hoping to have her going in the next couple weeks. Once she’s on the road I’ll be refinishing the other 3 wheels, doing the rest of the body work, and shooting the rest of the car this color:

Advertisement

Advertisement


 

I’m both excited to get it done and extremely frustrated with sorting the trans. Hopefully this time is the winner and all goes well!