Started with the first of much serious paint correction on the RX7 today, pleased with the results so far. Didn’t have a lot of time, so I only got the one corner done. Here’s some before pictures:

Horizontal surface is fairly oxidized
A little orange peel and some scratches, but not bad

Mid-process, I think this is 1500 or 2000 grit wet.

The roof is so bad it’ll basically be its own project; I went from there to the corner this evening (stopped due to time constraints)

Once I’ve done all of the sections I’m going to (which is mostly above the pinstripe, since that’s where the sun damage is, unless I get carried away) I’ll probably go over it all with a very light polish in case there are any weird missed spots.

Advertisement

Here’s a couple pictures of the finished area:

Not perfect but a much crisper reflection
Oxidation cleared up, some areas are still a little pitted but there’s nothing I can do about that short of a respray, which is not in the cards.

Advertisement

Different angle to show the reflection of the hose & detailing cabinet. This side of the garage is pretty dark.

Much better! I have a little more mechanical work to do when it’s daylight and relatively dry (for test drive purposes mostly), so this work will progress as I feel like it as time permits. Hopefully will get it knocked out this week so the focus can return to the actual project car (the Chevelle).