So bondo was cracking on the sail panels of the 75 Dart and I was bored, so I grabbed a screw driver and started digging it out....
This is what it looked like underneath. Dug the other side out and sanded and got down to this:
The few holes you see above are the only spots it was rusted all the way through, thankfully.
Put some rust treatment stuff on the metal and started laying bondo in. For some reason I didn't take a picture of that part of the process though.
Finished the bondo and primered it.
While I was at it, I took the panel above the grill off, took the hood ornament off and filled in the holes - this time with JB Weld - and sanded it down.
Painted, ready to go back on the car.
Finished, aside from needing to finish the "paint job" - flat black Rustoleum. Not bad for my first time working with bondo or using JB to "shave" something off.
Just to show the improvement, here's a shot with the old hood and hood ornament still on it.