Last night I discovered my scooter exhaust was cracked clean in half, making it much loaded and much slower. No bueno.

I decided to try a soda can patch. I don’t drink much Coke anymore, but I enjoyed a few cold pulls of it before I dumped the rest to liberate my raw materials. Here are some completely unnecessary in-progress shots.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

All buttoned up.

Advertisement

The verdict: it’s better. It’s still louder and slower than it should be, but I think it will get me through the rest of the riding season. This winter my buddy offered to attempt to weld it back together. If that doesn’t work, I’ll replace it before next season.