- It is the first Turbo Mclaren since the legendary 1988 MP4-4, which won 15 out of 16 races.
- Perez is gone, Kevin Magnussen (#20) from Denmark is taking his seat and partnering Jenson Button (#22).
- It is the last Mercedes powered Mclaren after 20 years and 3 driver titles (Häkkinen 98 & 99, Hamilton 2008)
- Eric Boullier, former Lotus F1 team chief, is rumoured to replace Martin Whitmarsh as the team principal. Other candidates are Sam Michael and Dennis himself. That is one of Ron Dennis' steps to bring the Macs back to glory.
- Young Belgian Stoffel Vandoorne who is said to have an incredible talent becomes the teams third driver and will race in Mclarens new GP2 partner team ART. He finished second in last years World Series by Renault 3.5, only beaten by Mclaren Junior and now F1 driver Kevin Magnussen
- Vodafone's sponsoring contract ended 2013. As of now, there is no new title sponsor. It also means that the glorious Chrome/Red livery is gone and will be replaced by something else. Probably not orange though.