Now I see it as more of a good start.
I still have to make the bottom of the panel from the wheel opening all the way back at least three inches wide. It would have been easier to do that off the car like the other side, but I’m not great at planning/very good at problem solving.
Pulling some dents, the quarter on this side was holding some tension and changed shape a bit when I sliced it up. That was unfortunate and messed with my plans, but since I’ve got my metal mojo working right now this won’t be impossible. I’ve got to match up the remains of a factory dogleg with the black part that was home made long before we had a parts car. I might slice about a foot out of this rocker and re-do it, but not this summer. Right now i’m worried about it being 100% car in the next week or so.