Two years ago I started to stalk eBay and buy matching Speedhut gauges. I also found a nice gauge bezel and got started on making a new gauge cluster.

This is how it turned out after many hours of paint, cutting, wiring, more wiring and finally some wiring.

Advertisement
Illustration for article titled This took too long
Illustration for article titled This took too long
Advertisement

It does not look perfect, it does not look as good as I was hoping and I am already contemplating removing it all and redoing it. One the other hand, the gauges all work, it’s an improvement over what was there and I can finally see the gauges at night and tell him much fuel is in the tank without having to do math, so I guess it will do.

I still need an adapter for the temp gauge and a different oil pressure sender, but those are on the way and easy fixes.

Advertisement

Next project will be carpet, I think, then on to new window regulators and door cards.

Share This Story

Get our newsletter