Behold the mighty Jug.
This P-47 D2 s/n 42-22490 formerly belonging to the 358th FS, 335th FG had been piloted by Lt. William Roach who mistakenly confused a French airfield with one in Southern England and had landed at Caen. This aircraft was captured in November 1943 and delivered to the Rechlin experimental center. Later after receiving a thorough overhaul it was delivered to the Rosarius Zirkus. The original American paint scheme was replaced by Luftwaffe camouflage and the code T9 + FK applied. (via)