Every time I take my car, I rediscover what is wrong with it, and on weekends, I tend to forget what I have to do on it.
So let’s misuse Oppo as a to-do list, and keep the pressure up to get everything sorted before the Oppomeet in Wales in end of March.
It’s not too much, and there’s a lot of time left. but I tend to think there’s always enough time left, and then rush everything in the end.
The important stuff:
- Change the leaf springs
- Figure out the power steering issue
- Get an alignment
- Do an oil change (first one after engine rebuild)
- Build suspension stoppers (to stop the car from rocking when the dog moves around at night)
- Repair the roof tent (the floor cracked at one spot)
- Rewire the reverse lights and 4x4 dash light (new trans has other connectors)
The less important stuff:
- Check and refurbish the injectors if needed (should have done that during the rebuild)
- Paint the hood so it matches the rest of the car
- Refurbish the steering wheel (the enamel has rough edged cracks)
- Repair the front windshield washer
- Repair the rear window wiper
- Wire the intercooler fan and thermostat
- Swap the interior (plastics and carpets from a darker Pajero, seats from something different)
- Install a back-up camera
Let’s see how far I’ll get, 3 1/2 months left.