I hope it’s alright to post about an intern position we’re looking to fill. We are seeking a Social Media intern. The job requires 15-20 hours weekly, but is able to be a distance position for the right candidate. We ask that you be in our Newport Beach office at least once a week.
We are looking for an intern to assist with our social media marketing efforts. You will learn the ins and outs of our business and how to make social media a productive part of our overall marketing efforts. This internship is an unpaid position.
Interns are expected to have experience with social media on (at least) a personal level (use on a business level preferred). You must be able to think strategically and see how social media fits into a business’ marketing strategy, not just “selling” to our customers, but building long-lasting relationships by providing value to them. Interns must be able to assist in formulating social media plans (once ample information is provided to you), and then carry them out (with our assistance). You must be able to measure and document the impact of social media, and then suggest action-steps to increase impact.
Interns will be performing the following tasks:
· Creating new profiles and pages (forums especially)
· Uploading videos, photo albums, etc.
· Finding users to follow/friend/like our business
· Writing and posting blog posts/tweets/updates, etc.
· Tracking the growth and the impact of social media on our business
· Replying to comments, messages, etc.
· Report findings to the team
· Consistently learn and grow, ask pertinent questions
· Ability create and upload Twitter & YouTube backgrounds, and minor video editing skills are a plus
Skills and attributes interns are expected to have:
· Excellent written and verbal communication, strong editing skills
· Be creative with an eye for design
· Ability to develop a detailed and professional marketing plan
· Knowledge of digital media software – Photoshop or other graphic design software, etc. is preferred
· Knowledge of video editing software – iMovie, Final Cut, or Windows Live Movie Maker is a plus
· Knowledge of social media – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, forums, etc.
· Willingness to create video blogs, write press releases, and Facebook posts daily
· Energy, with a desire to come up with fresh ideas on how to grow our online presence
· Ability to identify a target market and “speak” to that consumer through social media
· Experience proofreading and editing
· Ability to deal with uncertainty
· Ability to contribute individually, and participate in cross-functional teams
· This is a 3 month position, with possibility for full-time afterwards.
· This position is within the automotive industry, experience/interest a plus!
Please feel free to send all resumes/questions to firstname.lastname@example.org!