|Job Requirements||Have a passion for cars and precision-tuned sense of what consumers want? Come bring your editorial and strategic talent to the only truly independent brand committed to creating high-quality, consumer centric content.|
Consumer Reports is looking for a Content Development Team Leader for our CARS Consumer Focus Area. The right candidate will have a keen sense of the unique content proposition that CR's Cars content has in a densely competitive marketplace. He or she will care deeply about understanding the challenges and needs facing today's car consumer from purchase through ownership, as well as skills to coach the content team to create unique and compelling content packages across platforms from print to online to mobile.
The Content Development Team Leader needs to be a creative content developer in all platforms; a masterful matrix manager of a team that includes engineers, writers, and editors, and a leader who can bring together testers, writers and advocates for the good of the consumer. While based out of our world-famous track in Colchester, CT, this person will make frequent trips to our Yonkers, NY headquarters.
We seek someone with a special appreciation for CR's unique role as a consumer protection non-profit and our mission as a powerful public voice for the consumer, as it particularly relates to cars, car safety and car efficiency.
• Contributes significantly to the content strategy for the Cars consumer focus area (CFA) which in turn supports the mission and overall strategic goals of the organization
• Manages a staff of editors and writers, working hand-in-glove with track engineers, delegating workload to ensure the delivery of content in accordance with platform strategy
• Is responsible for mining consumer behavior data for purposes of creating leading-edge, consumer-focused content, and staying abreast of competitive media offerings and market developments to ensure that CR remains a top consumer choice for Cars information.
• Has a passion for changing the marketplace for the better for car consumers and owners, especially as it relates to safety and fuel efficiency
• Plans, schedules, assigns, top edits and/or edits all content for all platforms
• Ensures the organization maintains an appropriate level of internal and external expertise for the product or services categories that the incumbent leads, and that all related content is current, effective, engaging and relevant
• Is responsible for maximizing the skills and output of the content team, including hiring and performance management
• Acts as media spokesperson for TV, radio, and social media outlets
• College graduate or equivalent background with significant experience writing and editing content and meeting strict deadlines.
• Able to translate complex statistical and technical data into accurate, well-written, well-organized and compelling content in a range of media formats.
• Superior managerial skills to manage teams of content creators across interdepartmental groups that are critical to the group's success; e.g., communications (public relations), product testing, legal, fact checking, quality control, etc.
• Excellent organizational skills and well developed judgment
• Understanding of the unique content needs and conventions across a variety of content platforms, including print, website, social media
• Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software; knowledge of state-of-the-art page design software.