As I posted previously the bottoms of my doors are rusting, so I spent the weekend fixing them.
I started with the driver side door using a brass wire wheel attached to a drill, this was able to remove the paint but couldn’t remove the rust. So I switched to a angle grinder with a steel wire wheel which worked much better. It had been commented previously that it was only surface rust but it was much worse than originally appeared, with the inner door skin being very pitted and chunks breaking off.
I then masked of the door panel and sprayed on two coats of rust converter.
Then I primed the area for extra protection.
The driver side took all Saturday to do, I did the passenger side on Sunday. Same procedure but much less work as I was starting with the correct tools and it was only surface rust taking minutes of grinding compared to a few hours for the driver side.
I then sprayed rust inhibitor into the drain holes to take care of the rust inside the door. When I can get a can of color match made up I’ll spray it so it doesn’t stick out so bad.