I got about 10 minutes to work on the Roadmaster this morning while the little one was taking her morning nap, and the big one was happily playing in her sandbox. I confirmed that the AC system had no charge in it, and went to work taking the bent condenser out. I got the top fitting loose with no trouble, but had no room to get a wrench on the bottom one. It looks like I can get a wrench on there if I take the battery out. Then the rust monster struck.
As I cranked on the nut to release the battery, the battery tray crumbled.
The battery is still secure, but this puts the final nail in the, “will I rallycross the Roadmaster again” coffin. I’m pretty sure the battery would come flying loose on the first hard “jump.”