I saw some BTTF Delorean diecast cars today in the store. Kind of got me thinking: what would Doc Brown have used if he had to use a modern car?
1) Needs to look good with the big afterburner things
2) Can’t be a Tesla
3) Must actually be able to hit the “serious shit” speed
4) For the sake of this exercise we’ve adjusted 88mph accordingly:
- 1985 fastest production car: 188 mph (Ferrari 288 GTO)
- 1985 Delorean top speed: ~130mph
- 1985 movie speed: 88mph (47% of fastest production car)
- 2017 fastest production car: ~270mph (Venom GT)
- 2017 movie speed: 126mph (47% of fastest production car)
Conveniently, that rules out a Prius. So don’t even try that shit.