Oppofriends, I need some help. I have the opportunity to bring a mid-1960s Datsun 1600 Roadster into my life, if it’s worth any effort.
Before anyone goes “duh, yes” I want to share some details, and see if some folks with better knowledge than I of old Datsuns can provide insight as to value if sold entirely as-is, in one piece. I don’t have the space or interest to clean this up or part it out.
What I Know:
- It’s got chrome trim, apparently some of them had body-color trim
- A friend thinks it’s a “low windshield” car
- There is a hardtop bolted to it, but the back window needs replacing
- No idea if a soft top is installed, and if so, I suspect it’s trashed
- Engine is there, but disassembled
- Transmission is MIA
- Trunk lid has some rust bubbling up. Not sure how the floors and rockers look. It’s currently sunk into the ground a bit.
Is it worth a few grand in this condition? I have to think someone would at least want it for whatever body panels and parts can be saved.