where did it go wrong for Holden?
here’s my $0.02c
1. poor range - build quality and engineering let them down. too reliant on GM Korea/GMDAT/Daewoo
2. Holden management - 10 different managing directors at Holden in 16 years
3. GM management - selling Opel / Vauxhall to PSA
4. GM retreating from all RHD markets in the world and only focusing on a few key markets. lets face it Toyota are doing ok and so too are VW.
5. GM going into chapter 11 in 2009 didn’t help. causing a freeze on new models coming through the system.
6. GM HQ accountants for loading up GM European operation with debt then complaining it doesn’t make a profit. yet PSA managed to make it profitable very quickly.
7. GM Management for focusing on share price.
8. ending local production was a bad move. they needed to move on and go with what people were buying instead of clinging on to the past.
9. too many brands in the local market hasn’t helped.
10. Holden for having a poor marketing strategy. too many rushed decisions.