Jaaaaags of yore had definite owner archetypes- eccentric wealthies and stuffy professorial types with so many books in their home that you have to wonder if maybe they’re not load bearing. Jaguar has since reinvented itself, but who for?
All other modern luxury brands have very well defined buyer bases:
- Rolls Royce: Old money
- Bentley: Athletes, New money
- Mercedes: Daddy/Hubby’s money
- BMW: Serious businessmen
- Audi: Younger businessmen
- Lexus: Wealthy Divorcées
- Infiniti: Yuppies, Bros with money
- Acura: People who don’t know better
- Cadillac: Old people who wanna look young
I however, have never caught glimpse of someone driving a new XJ or XE.