Since I was out and about I decided to stop into Taco Bell for a quick bite because it was in the same shopping center as the grocery store. I really shouldn’t have done that. I didn’t eat there last week because they weren’t accepting cards, but like an idiot I tried again.
1) The lid on my tea was not on properly and it spilled on my phone.
2) The Mexican Pizza tasted bitter and rancid, and was inedible. In fact, over an hour later I can still taste it in my mouth and it makes me want to gag. I had no choice but to throw it away.
3) The combo I ordered was supposed to come with two taco supremes, but I asked them to make those as soft tacos instead of hard shell. That’s what I got - two soft tacos, not two soft taco supremes. I didn’t think I’d have to be that specific - why would I pay for ingredients that I don’t want? All I wanted them to do was just change the shell...
4) The cashier had her facemask over her mouth but not her nose. She wasn’t wearing glasses, so I can’t think of a reason not to cover one’s nose. My glasses get fogged up when wearing a mask but I do it anyway, but she had no such excuse.
5) When I called to complain I got a recording saying they were all busy and to call back later, and then the machine hung up on me.
I did enter my complaints on their online survey, but we’ll see if anyone is actually paying attention. My expectations were quite low, but somehow they didn’t even manage to meet those. Now I remember why I don’t eat there very often...