DesertDog, I tried the recipe you linked yesterday. For those who missed it, here's the recipe:
- 2 cups firmly packed drained pimiento-stuffed green olives, sliced crosswise
- 4 ribs of celery, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced and mashed to a paste with 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 carrot, quartered lengthwise and sliced thin crosswise
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried orégano, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
I forgot what kind of onion it called for; I ended up using a white onion rather than red, I forgot parsley, and I don't have white wine vinegar, so I used red. I omitted the carrot, and the red bell pepper, as I like neither.
All together, it tastes pretty good, but it's not exactly what the shop had. I put it in the fridge to soak in the oil and vinegar, both of which I added more than it called for. The stuff I've had was swimming in it.
Next time I'll try the correct ingredients. Tomorrow I think I'm going to cook some chicken in my wok and make a chicken bacon ranch sub and throw some of this in it. I look forward to tomorrow morning (I should be home by 0130).